Alden and Co. are qualified accountants who specialise in family and owner managed business accounts and taxation services.
We speak your language, helping you to understand what are often complicated accounting and taxation rules.
We offer down to earth, honest advice using our knowledge and considerable experience of business and taxation law to help you keep your hard earned profits.
We save our clients money, not only by reducing their tax burden, seeing they are structured efficiently and claiming their entitlements in accordance with the law but also making sure they are compliant thus reducing the risk of additional tax, penalties and interest from getting things wrong.
We are always looking for new clients who like their affairs in order and value our excellent levels of service.
Your business is important. Contact Alden and Co and let a qualified accountant give you the right advice.
Keith formed Alden & Co in 2003 after working for numerous other firms small and large over the previous 20 years!
The primary driver was to establish a firm with its own values taking the best of what had been learned from other firms, installing high ethical standards and a client focused service, whilst maintaining a personal approach.
Ojoe Alden joined the firm in 2005 and qualified as a Chartered Certified Accountant in 2012. Ojoe is now working towards her practicing certificate.
Keith has 29 years of accounting experience in all sorts of areas and business. Ojoe currently has 14 years experience over a varied client base. Both are committed to continuing education in the subject so that we can provide the best possible service to our valued clients.
Over the last 10 years the practice has grown to a team of 5 people.
Alden & Co belongs to a professional body known as the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, (ACCA) established by the Royal charter.
This is all very well, but what does this mean for you?
- We are professionally qualified – these exams are the equivalent on the educational scale to a master’s degree.
- To use our letters we also need sufficient and relevant practical experience
- Our training protects you by ensuring we are safe to be giving that advice
- Standards such as; Integrity, Objectivity and Independence are our foundation stones along with professional duties of confidence, avoiding conflicts of interest and high ethical standards.
- We are required to have professional indemnity insurance, which means that in the unlikely event of us giving negligent advice you would have some course to redress via our insurers.
- The ACCA take these professional values very seriously and have a rigorous complaints and inspection processes, to ensure that standards are maintained.
- Down to earth advice that hopefully you can understand
- Money / Tax saving advice as standard
- Personal touch
- We also like to help grow your business – our success is a successful client. This is done either by access to our extensive knowledge and training; don’t forget we run our own small business as well! We also have specialists in the field of marketing and business advice that we can refer you too.
- If we don’t know the answer then we will know someone that does
- Whilst we will minimise your tax burden and in some cases this can be described as “Tax avoidance” we have never promoted/marketed tax avoidance schemes, because we believed that many of these would eventually fail in the courts, which is currently being played out.
- Quality service as standard